February 19, 2017 – The Search Committee reported that a contract agreement has been reached with a candidate for the church’s pastoral position. Following is the schedule of events for the weekend that the candidate for pastor will visit, March 2 – 5.
- Thursday, March 2
- 6:00-7:00 pm – Meeting with the Youth
- 7:00 pm – Ice Cream Social with congregation
- Friday, March 3
- 7:00 pm – Question and Answer Session with congregation, followed by light refreshments.
- Saturday, March 4
- 8:00 am – Breakfast with the Church Board and Deacon Board held at church
- 6:00 pm – Praise and Worship Service
- Sunday, March 5
- 9:00 am – Combined Sunday School hour led by pastoral candidate
- 10:00 am – Worship Service with pastoral candidate preaching, followed by congregational vote
January 15, 2017 – The Search Committee reported that after a second interview, they have decided to enter into the contract negotiation phase with their unanimous choice for the primary candidate.
January 8, 2017 -The Search Committee met on January 3 to interview a candidate for the pastoral position. A second interview is scheduled for Thursday, January 14.
Applications from additional candidates continue to be reviewed.
September 19, 2016 -The Search Committee met to go over the surveys and compile the results to incorporate into the Church’s profile.
The Church profile was completed online and has been submitted. At this point, we must wait for the District to forward potential candidates to the committee. We will meet again once we have some candidates.
August 24, 2016 – The Search Committee and the Ministry & Evangelism Commission met with Craig Smith, Northeast District Executive. He mentioned that “there is no ideal pastor, but there are pastors of excellence out there.” He also charged the group to consider,
- What did we learn in the past?
- How do we do it better and move forward?
- He compared it to driving a car:
- You look ahead, and glance backwards occasionally, but you don’t drive forward by looking backwards!
July 24, 2016 – A special council meeting will be called to vote for approval of the Search Committee
July 10, 2016 – Members of Search Committee introduced to congregation
- Christa Bender
- Janet Dubble
- Tim Fetzer
- Nicole Hauck
- Andy Heisey
- Earl Liskey
- Dean Wagner